We Pursue a Higher Standard
Everything we do is fueled by this statement; including what we offer our employees. We offer a wide range of roles across a variety of geographies. Regardless of the location or area of expertise, employees are presented with a challenging and rewarding environment. We understand our people drive our success, our innovation and our mission to Pursue a Higher Standard in all that we do.
Meet just a few of our colleagues who make that happen:
What We Offer
Coeur’s Development Program, or CDP, is a structured two-year program designed to provide recent graduates with a place to develop and apply their education in practice in a career that matters. Based out of our corporate headquarters in Chicago, CDP provides graduates with insight and real-world experience into our growing business, responsible mining operations and culture that allows every person to explore, grow and enhance their career.
What we offer as part of the Coeur Development Program:
- Assignments and cross-functional projects that drive the company’s business improvement processes and support its environmental, social and governance (ESG) leadership position
- Opportunities to learn and interact with other key business functions
- Technical, personal and leadership development opportunities
- Projects that span the organization to build your professional network
- An inclusive environment where all voices are heard, all perspectives are welcome, and all cultures and identities are respected
- Full-time employment with a comprehensive wellness and benefits package, competitive base salary and bonus
We are looking for motivated students looking to gain hands-on experience with a summer internship at any one of our operating mines or corporate headquarters.
We offer a unique opportunity to gain valuable skills, work alongside industry leaders and contribute to our company’s success. As a Coeur intern, you will be mentored throughout the summer, meet other interns and given ownership of at least one project that aims to directly impact our operations.
Safety is the number priority at Coeur. Our goal is for every employee to return home safely after every shift, every day. Our safety training is based on upstream approaches that control, eliminate or reduce exposure for employees or anyone visiting one of our locations.
Employees are fully trained for the job they are responsible for based on MSHA standards and the CORESafety industry-wide standard of which we are certified.
Scholarship opportunities are available for eligible full-time employees.
At Coeur, we recognize the men and women who have served in our United States Armed Forces, and we are honored to work beside these individuals every day.
Coeur Heroes is a recruitment and mentoring program designed to enhance our workforce with specialized skills and leadership abilities of current and past military leaders.
Since the launch of the program in 2018, we have welcomed hundreds of military veterans to our business and as of February 2022, we have 100 Coeur Heroes contributing to our success across our mine site and corporate headquarters.
- Our iMPACT leadership development program is an interactive, challenging and proven effective 12-month program that allows participants to explore and build their leadership skills. Each cohort is made up of a cross-section of 20 participants from different locations and functions. This exposure to different perspectives adds diversity of thought while sharing similarities of challenges they all face.
The program includes four separate off-site, week-long sessions focused on the following components:
- Self-awareness and understanding various communication styles
- Influencing others, understanding cultural differences and team management
- Safety leadership
- Business acumen, operational and financial workshops
We offer tuition reimbursement programs for all eligible, full-time employees for both undergraduate and graduate degrees.
We offer full-time, US-based employees medical, dental and vision insurance; paid family leave, mental and physical wellness programs, an employee assistance program, life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, 401K plan with company match, tuition assistance and scholarships. Approximately 97% of Coeur employees elect our comprehensive health benefits.
Our goal for our team to be healthy and safe applies not only to work life, but home life as well. We offer a variety of mental health and physical health programs including Lyra Health, a leading provider of innovative mental health benefits that connects employees and their family members with world-class therapists and mental health coaches – both online and in-person.
Our employees can confirm, one of the best perks at Coeur is the opportunity to advance and grow their careers with the many transfer opportunities that are available! Adventurous employees are encouraged to look across all our US, Canada and Mexico geographies for an opportunity to transfer to a new location, gain valuable skills, experience a different culture and make new friends.
Supporting our employees through major life challenges – like growing their families – is another company benefit.
We offer eligible employees:
- 100% of base wages up to 12 consecutive weeks for primary caregivers
- 100% of base wages for 2 consecutive weeks for non-primary caregivers
- Adoption assistance
- Flexible benefits including health spending accounts
- Mental health counseling and support
All our sites are equipped to handle all types of emergencies. Every site is well-prepared for immediate support and services via the employee volunteer rescue teams in place at each site.
These well-trained team members attend monthly trainings that enhance their skills and inform them with the latest safety measures, from firefighting to vehicle extraction, high-angle rescue and beyond.
In addition to their regular drills, the team strives to expand their capabilities by attending safety conferences, workshops and rescue competitions across the country.